Friday, October 26, 2012

Blogger Quilt Festival

Well, the semi-annual festival is here!  I am so excited about this year as I'm one of it's sponsors!  If you win in 'my' category, you'll receive an Everyday bag (Jeni's design) as well as some FQs.

Onto my submission: It's a throw/lap quilt that I made as a gift for my sister and brother-in-law for their wedding.  I had bought all the materials way back when distant pickles was doing a QAL for their Cosmic Burst pattern, but never got around to it!  Well, with their wedding this past weekend, I needed to get it done!  I used Pure by Sweetwater, a Kona Brown ( I think it's chocolate?), and Kona Bone.  I used a simple diagonal quilting on it so it wasn't too busy.


  And here is a picture of the happy couple.  
Blogger Fest Stats: #170
Wedding Throw/Lap Quilt
Measures 50"x 50" 
No special techniques, just a bunch of HSTs and simple quilting
Quilted by: Me!
Best Category: Throw Quilt

Now, head on over and look at all of the gorgeous quilts!  





5 comments:

Kelsey said...

What a neat design! Great job!

Michele said...

Very pretty and such a great wedding present.

CitricSugar said...

I love that fabric line - and you did a beautiful job on this quilt!

purduepam said...

Love your color choices. Beautiful.

Lyanna L. said...

nice quilt - i really like the simplicity of it and the sweetwater lines are some of my favorite. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...