Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stick with it Saturday: 1st of the year

Sam's Noggin

This week my goal was to start my exercise routine.  I decided that in order to keep this commitment, I will be training for a 5k that will be taking place in my area the end of May.  I started out the week with a 2.5 mile run/walk with the local running group.  I had a friend there who supported me and stuck with my slow self when she is able to go twice as far without having to do the whole run/walk but run all of it.  I walked/ran on Tuesday and Thursday a mile each time and on Monday I did Wii Fit Yoga, Friday was Wii Fit combination routine.  I took a rest on Wednesday because it is one of my busier days and you are supposed to throw in some rest so as not to over do it.  All in all, I am very glad that I have started this.  I plan on running/walking 1.5 miles as I slowly build my stamina.  I'll be linking over with Sam's Noggin.

Next week, I plan on doing the same as this past week, but increasing the distance to 1.5 miles and ending at 1.75 miles.  I also hope to increase my running and decrease the walking within those miles.  

Here is a photo from the group run: (I'm the one on the left, my friend Lauren is the one in pink.)  :)


2 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

You go girl!!!!! :)

Sam said...

Fabulous job! Just keep doing something every day (most days of the week) and you will look back on 2012 at all you accomplished! So excited that you linked up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...