Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stick with it Saturday: 1st of the year

Sam's Noggin

This week my goal was to start my exercise routine.  I decided that in order to keep this commitment, I will be training for a 5k that will be taking place in my area the end of May.  I started out the week with a 2.5 mile run/walk with the local running group.  I had a friend there who supported me and stuck with my slow self when she is able to go twice as far without having to do the whole run/walk but run all of it.  I walked/ran on Tuesday and Thursday a mile each time and on Monday I did Wii Fit Yoga, Friday was Wii Fit combination routine.  I took a rest on Wednesday because it is one of my busier days and you are supposed to throw in some rest so as not to over do it.  All in all, I am very glad that I have started this.  I plan on running/walking 1.5 miles as I slowly build my stamina.  I'll be linking over with Sam's Noggin.

Next week, I plan on doing the same as this past week, but increasing the distance to 1.5 miles and ending at 1.75 miles.  I also hope to increase my running and decrease the walking within those miles.  

Here is a photo from the group run: (I'm the one on the left, my friend Lauren is the one in pink.)  :)


Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...