Thursday, November 17, 2011

My mini-vacation!

This past week I've been busy! I went out of town with my Mom, Aunt, and oldest daughter Mariah for the weekend. We went down to Virginia Beach to be with my sister, Stefanie, as she tried to find the perfect dress for her wedding next fall. We arrived Thursday night and she took us out to dinner at a lovely italian restaurant. The food was delicious!


This was what I ordered.  Pasta with artichoke hearts, spinach and mushrooms sauteed in a garlic butter sauce!









Mariah ordered this dish, manicotti shells stuffed with crab, shrimp and lobster.  She loved it.











Friday was our dress hunting day.  We went to two stores.  We found the dress at the second store, sorry no pictures, but then you understand.  Can't be putting the dress out there for all to see!

We stayed in Friday night just enjoying each other's company and eating pizza.  Saturday we went out for brunch at Doc Taylor's, a lovely place that served breakfast and lunch all day.  We also went to the beach so Mariah could put her feet in the ocean.


I had my sneakers on and was walking behind her taking pictures, and wouldn't ya know it but I walked right into the water!
We then went to the Aquarium and had a blast!  We were eaten by a shark!
 Here is Mariah!
Here is my Aunt.  Notice, I didn't take any with me...
















We ended the night playing Rock Band at  my sister's.  Now, I could be cruel and post the video of Sean, my sister's fiance singing, but I won't.  :)
Sunday morning saw us heading back to upstate New York.  One consolation is that my sister and her fiance will be traveling up for Thanksgiving.  Then, I won't see my soon-to-be brother-in-law for at least 8 months due to the fact that he goes on deployment the day after Christmas.  :(
Well, that was a wonderful trip for us.  We all wish it could have been longer, but we had to return to the real world, which included major oral surgery for me.  I am currently recovering, hating how the medicine makes me dizzy and loopy.  I'm hoping to have some finishes in the quilting realm next week.  Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Glad you could relax before you had your oral surgery. Hope you feel better soon!

melyssa said...

I love pasta...
...i have photos of my kids being eaten by a similar shark...
...my brother in law is being deployed on Jan 1...
...we have a lot in common!

Came by through FB homeschool bloggers group.

Melyssa from www.thedazeofus.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yeah, Melyssa it seems like we do have a lot in common! What branch of the military is your brother-in-law with? My soon-to-be brother-in-law is a Naval Officer.

Anonymous said...

You were in my neck of the woods. Didn't we have nice weather? It was 80 yesterday and 50 today. Brrrr.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...