Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day ?

Well after I recovered from the headache, I was able to accomplish some of the laundry.  It's amazing just how much a family of eight has!  I didn't complete it, my dryer takes FOREVER!  I did, however, maintain the areas that I had cleaned, yay!
Then came Friday.  I have been dealing with lower back pain for over a month.  I just thought that it was due to straining it gardening.  I was wrong, very wrong.  I woke up unable to move.  I could barely get out of bed.  I couldn't bend from the waist to save my life; trying to wrap a towel around my hair-fail.  Mariah ended up being surrogate mom for the day.  She made breakfast, changed diapers, cooked dinner, applied heat compresses on my back, took the kids outside to play, helped me climb into bed.  I would not have survived Friday without her.  After Ben called his father and explained my symptoms in correlation with my eating habits, we discovered the reason for the horrendous pain was a kidney stone!  I've never had one before and never wish to again.  On Saturday, Ben's dad drove all the way up here and dropped off medicine for me.  It is now Tuesday and I am able to bend over, sit, stand, and climb into my own bed.  This event has placed me a little behind in my challenge.  I was feeling better on Monday so I determined to re-clean the two rooms I had first cleaned, since they went to the kids while I was sidelined.  Today, I restarted the laundry challenge and it continues.  Today I worked on my bedroom and will work to finish that as well as the bathrooms and laundry tomorrow.
Thank you for keeping me in your prayers as I strive to make this challenge into a lifestyle for my home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plans are made to be changed. Maintaining what has been cleaned in the midst of all this is great! Don't look at it as a setback, but as keeping at it with the challenges of life thrown at you. There will always be challenges! :-) Keep fluid!

Unknown said...

Thanks Rosie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...