Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Struggles

I've been struggling to keep up with the challenges.  Who knew implementing something so foreign to oneself could be so difficult!  Well, my goals for today are to finish kid room #1 and begin the overhaul of kid room #2.  I bought shelving and bins for their closet in the hopes of managing their clothing more effectively.  I pray that it is successful.  I have also bought a book, Managers of Their Chores, to better help maintain the home by giving us all an expectation of cleanliness and responsibility.  Pray for me as I try to get this all accomplished today without my big helper, Mariah.  She has been gone since Monday visiting some of her family and won't return until late tonight.  If I am successful, I will post my pictures tonight or tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I bought that book too Lisa, it looks REALLY good, right now Ry and I are still praying about what chores to pass around, what the kids can do and hope to practice them during the summer. I just haven't had constant time to work through the book. Let me know how that goes for you.

For clothes..we started some new things and some old things: colored socks (black/brown for the boys, white/pink for girls) easier to match. Hanging all shirts up (less folding) The hardest part for me is downsizing the kids clothes, the girls don't need 10 dresses each..but I have over 25 for each taking up space and my frustration. In the end it does give less laundry and more space.

Although I think you'd wish instead of hints and ideas you had helping hands to get it done.

I pray that it gets better as you go and you see the fruit of your work. God Bless!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I wasn't able to finish the girls room today, but I was able to get their closet cleaned out, the shelving set up with the bins on them and made a huge dent in the clothing! I put all the winter dresses into a box for storage as well as all of Mariah's winter sweaters. I had Naomi pulling all her sweaters out of her clothes and started boxing them. I still have to get to the little girls, but it's improvement! I have gotten to chapter 5 of the book, so haven't read to the actual assigning of chores, yet. I have a pretty good idea of what chores to give to each child, it's the scheduling of them I still have to work out. So, no pictures tonight, maybe tomorrow night. Here is to hoping!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...